Nigel Mansell, the 1992 World Champion, is celebrating his 58th birthday today.
A man once described by veteran F1 journalist as having “a problem for every solution”, Mansell was a gritty driver in the truest sense, but also prone to some of the biggest bouts of moaning, exaggeration and hypochondria in the sport.
He was many different things to Formula 1 fans, but few will disagree that he remains one of the very best overtakers in the business:
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020