Despite suggestions that a recent secret test by seven-time World Rally Champion Sébastien Loeb could translate to a full-time move to the World Touring Car Championship, the Frenchman has scuppered any further rumours by re-signing with the Citroën WRC team until the end of the 2013 season.
The 37-year-old drove Yvan Muller’s RML Chevrolet Lacetti at Rockingham during a test session last weekend, sparking rumours that rallying’s highest-profile driver will leave the WRC and head to circuit racing.
But the announcement – along with vocal denials from Chevrolet themselves – has now tempered the rumours.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020