Russian driver David Sigacev will replace Hong Kong driver Marchy Lee in the Engstler-run DeTeam KK Motorsport outfit when the World Touring Car Championship action resumes in a fortnight’s time at Valencia.
The 22-year-old German resident will get behind the wheel of Engstler Motorsport’s third BMW, which has been out of action since its last appearance at the hands of Lee at the third round at Monza.
Sigacev won the DMV Karting Championship at the age of fifteen, later graduating to Formula Renault and the Porsche Carrera Cup. This year, he races in the ADAC GT Masters series in a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (pictured, above left).
[Images via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020