Mark Webber will be remaining on the Red Bull Racing payroll for at least another season, with the team finally announcing that it had agreed to terms with the Australian – who is also celebrating his 35th birthday today – for a one-year extension to his contract.
The news closes off suggestions that Red Bull protégé Daniel Ricciardo would replace his compatriot, meaning that Ricciardo will theoretically be competing with Toro Rosso regulars Jaime Alguersuari and Sébastien Buemi – along with GP2 driver Jean-Eric Vergne – for for the potentially available seats at the Faenza squad.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020