And while all the F1 action was happening in Belgium’s south-east over the weekend, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone also made the time to attend daughter Petra’s OTT wedding to her long-time boyfriend in Italy.
An affair of style and substance, the couple exchanged vows in the fifteenth-century at the Odescalchi Castle in the Italian village of Bracciano, the same place where Hollywood A-listers Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes tied the knot.
The event also included an eighteen-piece string ensemble from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the well-known Tenebrae Choir, as well as entertainment from opera singer Andrea Bocelli, rock icon Eric Clapton (who was also a guest at the Grand Prix), DJ David Guetta and the Black Eyed Peas.
And if this wasn’t enough, the event also included an after-party fireworks display, and celebrity guests including Sarah Ferguson, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie (fortunately minus any headwear) and the Hiltons. Former Renault F1 team principal Flavio Briatore was also on the guest list.
The new Mrs James Stunt, 22, has made her fortune running a fashion line in Britain, and has a huge collection of luxury cars. She recently purchased the Californian mansion owned by Candy Spelling for a record $85 million.
[Images via AceShowbiz and AFP]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020