Two-time World Touring Car Independents’ champion Sergio Hernández has set his sights on returning to the championship fold in 2012, after enduring a trying year trying to adapt to the International SuperStars championship.
The Spaniard – who took Independent Trophy championship crowns in 2008 and 2010 during a four-year stint in the WTCC – has been competing with limited success in Italy’s premiere tin-top series, driving for Campos Racing.
“I’m working now with sponsors to come back next year,” he told TouringCarTimes.
“My experience in another championship has been not really good so I’m hoping to be back with Proteam or some team in the WTCC next year, I feel it’s my home so I should be here,” he added.
[Image via XPB]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020