Just weeks after acrimoniously parting ways with his last cap sponsor, former World Champion Niki Lauda has been spotted sporting a new logo on his famous red cap.
The Austrian, who won the 1975, 1977 and 1984 titles, recently ended his sponsorship deal with the Liechtenstein-based Money Service Group when its CEO was arrested on suspicion of fraud and embezzlement.
But just weeks later, the outspoken veteran was spotted in the Monza paddock sporting the logo of Abu Dhabi conglomerate – and Mercedes co-owner – Aabar.
“We are proud to team up with one of the living legends of the sport,” Aabar board chairman Khadem Abdulla Al Qubaii is quoted as saying.
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020