One-time Grand Prix driver Masami Kuwashima is turning 61 years old today!
Kuwashima’s sole F1 outing came at the 1976 Japanese Grand Prix for Walter Wolf Racing, where he lasted a single off-the-pace practice session before he was replaced by Hans Binder.
Masami-san had actually been signed to race for the RAM March team that weekend, but the deal fell through at the eleventh hour before Wold came knocking with its short-lived rescue deal.
He would never grace the F1 cockpit again, spending the rest of his motorsport career in the domestic Formula 2 and Formula 3000 scene.
[Image via F1 Nostalgia]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018