One-time Grand Prix driver Masami Kuwashima is turning 61 years old today!
Kuwashima’s sole F1 outing came at the 1976 Japanese Grand Prix for Walter Wolf Racing, where he lasted a single off-the-pace practice session before he was replaced by Hans Binder.
Masami-san had actually been signed to race for the RAM March team that weekend, but the deal fell through at the eleventh hour before Wold came knocking with its short-lived rescue deal.
He would never grace the F1 cockpit again, spending the rest of his motorsport career in the domestic Formula 2 and Formula 3000 scene.
[Image via F1 Nostalgia]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020