Occasional World Touring Car Championship driver André Couto will be back behind the wheel once again at this year’s season-ending Race of Guia on the streets of Macau.
This will mark the local driver’s seventh appearance on his home soil in the WTCC, and on this occasion he will compete for SUNRED Engineering, driving a SUNRED León 1.6T.
The 34-year-old’s best finish on the challenging street circuit was a seventh-placed result he achieved back in 2006 driving for SEAT Sport.
At last year’s event, he scarcely lasted more than the first corner of the opening race after he tangled with Andy Priaulx during the first race’s rolling start. His car was too badly damaged to compete in the afternoon’s second race.
[Image via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018