Occasional World Touring Car Championship driver André Couto will be back behind the wheel once again at this year’s season-ending Race of Guia on the streets of Macau.
This will mark the local driver’s seventh appearance on his home soil in the WTCC, and on this occasion he will compete for SUNRED Engineering, driving a SUNRED León 1.6T.
The 34-year-old’s best finish on the challenging street circuit was a seventh-placed result he achieved back in 2006 driving for SEAT Sport.
At last year’s event, he scarcely lasted more than the first corner of the opening race after he tangled with Andy Priaulx during the first race’s rolling start. His car was too badly damaged to compete in the afternoon’s second race.
[Image via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020