Toro Rosso driver Sébastien Buemi will become the 120th Formula 1 driver to clock up fifty Grands Prix to his name at this weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix, but he’s not getting excited by the achievement…
“For me it is just a number; a stopover on the way to higher goals,” he is quoted as saying by his native Blick newspaper.
“In Formula 1, the learning process never ends. You can always get better.”
Buemi has scored 27 championship points to-date, but claimed no podium finishes. He has scored points on fourteen occasions during his F1 racing career (which began in 2009), while also failing to finish on thirteen occasions.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020