British driver Jay Howard will return to IndyCar Series action at the season-ending race at Las Vegas, with the 30-year-old teaming up again with Rahal-Letterman-Lanigan Racing in his third appearance of the season.
The 2006 Indy Lights champion has raced occasionally in the top-tier category since 2008, and will no doubt be hoping that a solid performance at the end of year event may propel him into a more regular role in 2012.
“We were impressed again by Jay’s pace and the ability that he showed in negotiating traffic at Texas, and we are anticipating a strong effort out of the Service Central car at Las Vegas,” RLL co-owner Bobby Rahal is quoted as saying during the announcement.
“Vegas will be a free-for-all on a very fast track, but Jay has never shied away from close racing and we expect to be competitive with both RLL cars in the season finale.”
[Image via IZOD IndyCars Series Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020