Family commitments have forced Scott Dixon out of competing at next month’s ArmorAll Gold Coast 600 round of the V8 Supercars championship, with the New Zealander electing to remain at home following the birth of his second child in recent days.
His place at the Stone Brothers Racing Ford team (partnering Shane van Gisbergen) will be taken by former F1 driver and five-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner Emanuele Pirro – the Italian will become the ninth international driver at the event to have Grand Prix experience.
[Image via Daily Telegraph]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018