Former GP2 driver Hiroki Yoshimoto has become the latest Japanese driver to be announced as a guest driver in the World Touring Car Championship, ahead of the series’ upcoming Race of Japan at Suzuka in late October.
The 31-year-old will compete in a SUNRED Leon 1.6T, joining the outfit’s list of six regular drivers.
Yoshimoto’s signing comes just days after the RML Chevrolet team confirmed it would be providing a fourth car for Japanese rally star Toshihiro Arai.
The pair will join their compatriot Yukinori Taniguchi at the championship’s first-ever outing at Suzuka. Taniguchi is now in his second season of full-time WTCC competition with the Bamboo Engineering Chevrolet team.
[Image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020