Japanese driver Masaki Kano will make a return to World Touring Car Championship action once again, with the Engstler BMW team confirming that the 35-year-old will compete at the upcoming Race of Japan.
Kano will drive the team’s ‘third’ car, the DeTeam KK Motorsport BMW 320TC entry previously piloted by Marchy Lee and David Sigacev during four rounds of this year’s championship.
Kano has been something of a series regular during the championship’s Asian rounds, having raced a Liqui Moly Team Engstler BMW since 2008. His best finish is a 20th placed result at the 2009 Race of Japan at Okayama.
It is not yet known if Kano will also compete in the subsequent rounds at Shanghai and Macau.
[Image via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018