IndyCar Series rookie Sebastian Saavedra will be back in the saddle at next weekend’s season-ending Las Vegas round, his Conquest Racing team has confirmed.
The 21-year-old Colombian stepped aside from his regular driving duties for the last two rounds, making way for Brazilian racer João Paulo de Oliveira at Motegi and British driver Dillon Battistini at last weekend’s Kentucky race.
“I don’t like to watch the races from a couch and now I’m ready to make my second finale with Conquest Racing,” Saavedra – whose best finish to-date is 11th at São Paulo – said of the news.
“It’s been a year of getting the miles on my back and I’m exited to keep putting everything into practice. I’ve learned more in a season in Indycar than what I’ve learned in my whole racing career.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019