Garry Rogers Motorsport driver Lee Holdsworth has been issued a five-place grid penalty by V8 Supercars stewards when his team failed to present his Holden Commodore for weighing after yesterday’s qualifying session.
The decision means Holdsworth and co-driver Greg Ritter will start tomorrow’s 161-lap race from 13th place. The decision promotes Ford Performance Racing’s Will Davison into this afternoon’s one-lap Top-10 qualifying shootout, which determines the final starting order for yesterday’s fastest ten qualifiers.
[Image via Garry Rogers Motorsport]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018