The traditional ‘Miss Indy’ contest that was a mainstay of the V8 Supercars Championship’s visit to Surfers Paradise is no more, after event organisers decided to axe the beauty pageant after 20 popular years of being run.
Instead, V8SA has inked a deal with the Chill milk brand to create the ‘Chillettes’, who will cross-promote the company’s products.
Past Miss Indy winners and finalists – which include former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins – have typically gone on to secure major modelling contracts, domestically and overseas.
Meanwhile, the Bathurst 1000 grid girls (pictured below) have continued to turn heads…
[Images via Miss Indy and Daily Telegraph]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018