Mercedes GP has confirmed that sportswear group Puma will be its new clothing and apparel partner from the 2012 season onwards as part of a multi-year agreement.
The clothing group will produce the team’s team apparel, footwear and accessories, as well as displaying its logos on next year’s car, the Mercedes GP W03.
“Puma has a long and successful heritage in motorsport and, having worked with them previously in Formula 1, I know their technical performance innovations for racewear are amongst the best in the industry, which is of course critical to our racing operation,” team principal Ross Brawn said of the announcement.
“Puma’s global capability to design, develop and distribute licensed products for fans of the Silver Arrows around the world is equally impressive. This is a key partnership for Mercedes GP Petronas, and one we are delighted to have established.”
The German company, founded in 1924, is currently a sponsor of the Ferrari Formula 1 team.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020