Care to own a little bit of Formula 1 history? Well, if you have a spare US$145,000 that you’re not sure what to do with, then this might be the purchase for you…
The US-based Racetronics Formula Atlantic team is selling a Formula 1 car, that being the Footwork Mugen-Honda FA14 (chassis number 5) used by drivers Derek Warwick and Aguri Suzuki to compete in the 1993 Formula 1 season.
The Alan Jenkins-designed car was the outfit’s first exploration with an active suspension car, with the system provided by McLaren/TAG as part of a technical collaboration.
The car replaced the FA13B at the rain-hit European Grand Prix at Donington, although neither driver would see the chequered flag. The car’s form proved to be a little patchy at first, although both drivers steadily improved their performance, leading to Warwick claiming the team’s four points of the season with a sixth at Silverstone and a fourth-placed finish at Hungary.
You can read more about Warwick’s experiences driving the car in our exclusive interview with him.
To view the listing on eBay, click here.
[Image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018