Former ChampCar race-winner AJ Allmendinger will be one of the faces of Michael Shank Racing, with the Grand-Am outfit announcing that it will enter next year’s IndyCar Series season with a single-car entry.
Previously a front-running Atlantic outfit, the outfit will be run with the support of Shank, businessman Brian Bailey and Allmendinger, who now competes in NASCAR.
The outfit will use Lotus engines after taking delivery of the new-for-2012 Dallara chassis. Allmendinger has already confirmed that he will not be driving the car, with the identity of the team’s driver not yet being revealed.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020