Former ChampCar race-winner AJ Allmendinger will be one of the faces of Michael Shank Racing, with the Grand-Am outfit announcing that it will enter next year’s IndyCar Series season with a single-car entry.
Previously a front-running Atlantic outfit, the outfit will be run with the support of Shank, businessman Brian Bailey and Allmendinger, who now competes in NASCAR.
The outfit will use Lotus engines after taking delivery of the new-for-2012 Dallara chassis. Allmendinger has already confirmed that he will not be driving the car, with the identity of the team’s driver not yet being revealed.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018