The Hong Kong-based 778 Autosport team has announced that it will field an S2000-spec Peugeot 308 for the final two rounds of this year’s FIA World Touring Car Championship at Tianma and Macau.
The team currently competes in the Chinese Touring Car Championship and Asian Touring Car Series with a fleet of KIA Fortes, but they have purchased a Peugeot 308 used by IPS Motorsport in the Swedish Touring Car Championship.
The team’s entry has been provisionally accepted by the FIA, subject to the car passing the series’ technical regulations and their driver (who is yet to be named) proving themselves to be competitive enough.
Peugeot’s last appearance in the World Touring Car Championship was at the 2006 rounds at Oschersleben and Monza, where Denmark-based Peugeot Sport Denmark operated a 407 for Jens Edman (pictured).
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020