Hong Kong racing driver Filipe Clemente de Souza will make his debut at November’s season-ending World Touring Car Championship round at Macau.
The 35-year-old will drive an ex-RML normally-aspirated Chevrolet Lacetti – such as one raced by Rob Huff, Alain Menu and Nicola Larini between 2005-8 (pictured) – which will be run by the Corsa Motorsport team.
De Souza has been a regular competitor in the Macau round’s support categories over the years.
“We are proud to represent our country in our home race meeting,” Corsa Motorsport team principal Reuter Wong said.
“Our team is very young, the first Hong Kong-based race outfit, but we are well prepared.
“It was not easy to get ready for our first appearance in WTCC, but we were able to go through. We are confident that Filipe’s experience on the Guia circuit will help to achieve decent results.”
[Image via MG Lola]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020