We don’t always like delving into the private lives of our motorsport heroes, but the British tabloids are running amok with reports that Lewis Hamilton has split (once again) with long-time girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger.
It certainly might go some way to explaining his very downbeat mood after he secured pole position at last weekend’s Korean Grand Prix…
Most of the reports are citing their conflicting work schedules as the root cause of their split, with Scherzinger largely confined to the United States in her role as the lead singer for the Pussycat Dolls girl group.
Spokespeople for either Hamilton or Scherzinger have so far remained silent on the rumours.
The pair has had an on-off relationship for the last four years, splitting up in January last year before reconciling just two months later. Earlier this year there were rumours that Hamilton had in fact proposed to the 33-year-old in July, but neither party ever officially confirmed the matter.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020