Esteemed aerodynamicist Willem Toet will return to his former role as Sauber’s head of aerodynamics, the Swiss team has confirmed.
Toet worked in the role with Sauber between 2006-9 during the time that the team was owned by BMW, but he stepped down from the position when the German carmaker withdrew from the sport.
Toet’s appointment will start in mid-November; he will take over from Seamus Mullarkey, who has opted for a change in his role.
Toet’s time in Formula 1 dates back to the early 1980s, starting with Toleman (which became Benetton), Ferrari and BAR.
[Image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020