Spectacular crashes and a well-deserved victory were the themes of the World Touring Car Championship round in Japan yesterday, but the day’s major hero was ROAL BMW driver Tom Coronel, who secured his first win in three years.
The Dutchman withstood immense pressure from a chasing quartet comprising the three Chevrolets and Robert Dahlgren’s Volvo. It was a popular win for Coronel, who also enjoys a huge following stemming from his many years of racing in Japan.
Perhaps racing in his ‘second home’ gives him extra motivation…!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020