The hapless Fabio Fabiani has been dropped from Scuderia Proteam’s World Touring Car Championship line-up for the final two rounds at Shanghai and Macau, the BMW team has confirmed.
The Italian driver has had to rely on the grace of FIA Stewards to be allowed to race on every occasion of the 2011 season, as a result of being too slow in Saturday qualifying. After a series of penalties being issued to him during practice in last weekend’s Race of Japan, he was blocked from starting the two races at Suzuka.
Ma, 48, is among Hong Kong’s most experienced and successful racing drivers, and has scored a number of domestic GT and touring car wins.
This won’t be the first time the WTCC grid has seen Ma; he raced an ex James Thompson Honda Accord Euro-R at last year’s Race of Macau (pictured), finishing the two races in 18th and 15th.
[Images via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018