Experienced Formula 1 designer Jörg Zander has opted not to return to Formula 1 competition just yet, after knocking back an offer to join the beleaguered HRT outfit.
The German was invited to join the Spanish squad as part of a broader technical reshuffle under new owners Thesan Capital; he was offered the role of designing the team’s 2012 alongside chief aerodynamicist Stephane Schosse out of a technical office in Munich.
While Zander has been cagey about the terms of the offer, it certainly leaves the tail-ender outfit in a perilous position, having recently lost the services of technical consultant Geoff Willis, who took up an attractive offer to join Mercedes GP.
HRT’s new owners have wanted to set up headquarters in their Spanish homeland, moving the entire operation away from the base currently being leased from team principal Colin Kolles.
Zander has considerable experience in Formula 1, having worked for the likes of Toyota, BAR, Williams, Sauber, Honda and Brawn GP.
[Image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018