Despite some well-publicised (and not unexpected!) organisational issues, the inaugural Indian Grand Prix has been declared a resounding success by those in the sport.
And it wouldn’t be a showcase weekend without a good dose of local and international celebrities on-hand – let’s have a crack at some star-spotting from the Buddh International Circuit…
With India’s Bollywood film industry pumping out more films than Hollywood, it was of course little surprise to see some big-name stars on hand – local actors Gulshan Grover and Shah Rukh Khan were among those spotted mingling in the paddock.
Balancing it out was a touch of Hollywood (albeit from the British side), with Mr Bean funnyman Rowan Atkinson on hand as a guest of McLaren. Sadly this motoring junkie’s recent accident in his own McLaren super car rubbed off on Lewis Hamilton, who crashed his McLaren MP4/26 into Felipe Massa…
Sports stars were also well accounted, with the cricket-mad nation’s finest also being part of the lucky brigade of VIP guests. Star batsman Sachin Tendulkar was given the honour of waving the chequered flag; he was joined by his fellow team-mates, batsman Verinder Sehwag and controversial spin bowler Harbhajan Singh.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020