Up-and-coming American driver Alexander Rossi will test for Team Lotus at the ‘Young Drivers’ test session at Abu Dhabi, the Hingham-based team has announced.
The deal is a logical extension of his association with the team, having been part of Tony Fernandes’ Caterham Team AirAsia GP2 outfit.
Driving for Fortec Motorsports, Rossi claimed third overall in this year’s Formula Renault 3.5 (World Series by Renault) championship, finishing as the top rookie with two wins and six podium finishes.
“I am very excited to finally announce I will be competing in Abu Dhabi with Caterham Team AirAsia and will have the chance to put more F1 miles on my CV with Team Lotus,” he is quoted as saying.
Rossi has already sampled Formula 1 power when he tested for BMW Sauber in 2009 i(pictured, top).
[Image via XPB]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019