Up-and-coming American driver Alexander Rossi will test for Team Lotus at the ‘Young Drivers’ test session at Abu Dhabi, the Hingham-based team has announced.
The deal is a logical extension of his association with the team, having been part of Tony Fernandes’ Caterham Team AirAsia GP2 outfit.
Driving for Fortec Motorsports, Rossi claimed third overall in this year’s Formula Renault 3.5 (World Series by Renault) championship, finishing as the top rookie with two wins and six podium finishes.
“I am very excited to finally announce I will be competing in Abu Dhabi with Caterham Team AirAsia and will have the chance to put more F1 miles on my CV with Team Lotus,” he is quoted as saying.
Rossi has already sampled Formula 1 power when he tested for BMW Sauber in 2009 i(pictured, top).
[Image via XPB]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020