Virgin Racing driver Timo Glock will team up with two-time DTM champion Timo Scheider to form a second German team at December’s Race of Champions Nations Cup.
Glock will join his F1 compatriots Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel (who formed the first German team) at the event, in which the driver pairings will face off in a series of head-to-head races at the Dusseldorf Arena.
“Only the world’s best drivers are traditionally invited to the ROC Nations Cup so it’s a real pleasure to belong to this group,” said Glock.
“I’ll also be competing with some of the Formula 1 drivers so it will be interesting to find out what happens when we battle with each other in identical vehicles.
“Apart from that, I’m looking forward to meeting my fellow drivers in a relaxed atmosphere, away from the F1 paddock. I’m sure that the event will be fun both on and off the racetrack.”
[Images via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019