Today sees two-time DNQer Giorgio Francia celebrating his 64th birthday!
Born in the Italian city of Bologna, Francia won the 1974 German Formula 3 championship and was a very capable driver in a host of motorsport categories right through until he retired in the late 1990s.
However, his Grand Prix career amounts to a pair of unsuccessful entries. His first came at the 1977 Italian Grand Prix, where he drove a Martini-liveried Brabham BT45B (pictured above), only to be withdrawn from the event before qualifying.
His second appearance came at the 1981 Spanish Grand Prix, where he was slowest in his Osella FA1B and didn’t make the qualifying cut.
[Image via F1 Nostalgia]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020