HRT, Renault and Force India have announced more details of the drivers they will run at the upcoming ‘Young Drivers’ test session at Abu Dhabi in the days following this weekend’s Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit.
The 23-year-old Barcelona-born driver finished ninth overall in this year’s GP2 standings. His best finish was second place at the Barcelona sprint race, driving for Spanish outfit Racing Engineering.
The 20-year-old has previously carried out straight-line aero testing for the team earlier this year.
Driving for the Carlin team in this year’s GP2 championship, he finished 20th overall in the standings. His best finishes were a pair of sixth-placed results at the Monaco and German sprint races.
Meanwhile, Renault has confirmed that Czech driver Jan Charouz will join the already-announced pairing of Robert Wickens and Kevin Korjus at the three-day test, with each driver getting a day each behind the wheel of the R31 challenger.
Charouz, who was signed as one of the team’s many reserve drivers, has had a quiet 2011 campaign. He drove for the Gravity-Charouz Formula Renault 3.5 team, finishing 25th overall in the standings.
He also raced for OAK Racing at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race, finishing 14th overall (fifth in class) co-driving a LMP2 Pescarolo Judd at the great race.
[Images via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020