Indy Lights race-winners Gustavo Yacamán and James Davison will have their first IndyCar outings in a test session for the Andretti Autosports team at Palm Beach International Raceway tomorrow.
The team is looking to source a replacement driver for Dan Wheldon, who had been signed to drive for the team in 2012 in the hours before his fatal accident at the Las Vegas race.
Yacamán, from Colombia, finished fourth in this year’s Indy Lights championship standings, with his highlight being a win at the Baltimore round.
Davison, from Australia, is the cousin of V8 Supercars racing drivers Will and Alex Davison. He finished second overall in the 2009 Indy Lights championship, and has claimed two wins in the series. More recently, he has competed in Grand-Am racing.
The pair will drive Mike Conway’s Honda-powered Dallara at the circuit.
[Images via Flickr and Open Paddock]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020