The starting grid continues to swell for next weekend’s season-ending Guia round of the World Touring Car Championship at Macau, with confirmation of two more drivers joining the action at the iconic street circuit.
We had reported last month that the 778 Auto Sport team was planning to run a Peugeot 308 at the event, and the outfit has now confirmed, as expected, that 34-year-old Hong Kong racer Lo Ka Chun will pilot the car.
He remains one of the most successful tin-top drivers in Asia over more than the last decade. A four-time champion in the Asia Touring Car Series, he has also won the China and Hong Kong Touring Car Championships, as well as taking three consecutive wins in the Macau Cup Race.
Corsa Motorsport – which had earlier confirmed it would enter a Chevrolet Lacetti for Filipe Clemente de Souza – will now expand to a two-car operation for next weekend’s event, confirming it will run a second Lacetti for Macanese driver Kuok Io Keong.
And the Liqui Moly Engstler BMW team has confirmed that it will field regular Guia Race visitor Jo Rosa Merszei (pictured, top) in the normally-aspirated 320si it ran for Fabio Fabiani at last weekend’s championship round at Shanghai.
[Image via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020