Johnny Cecotto Jr, the son of the former motorcycle ace turned short-lived F1 driver of the 1980s, has been signed to drive for Force India at next week’s Abu Dhabi ‘Young Drivers’ test session.
The 22-year-old will pilot the VJM03 on the Wednesday of the test session, while fellow GP2 Max Chilton will drive on Tuesday and Thursday.
Like his series stablemate Chilton, Cecotto has achieved little in the way of results in three years of running in the GP2 Series.
Almost certainly, his considerable backing from the Venezuelan government will help add to Force India’s coffers while it runs him in the cockpit next week.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020