With Abu Dhabi being such a burgeoning commercial and tourist market, it was perhaps little surprise to see the teams pull a few strings to ensure some big names turned out to press the flesh with sponsors and local dignitaries.
The F1 Rocks concert series was no different, with the event pulling in the likes of former Beatles singer Sir Paul McCartney, pop icon
and mother of the year Britney Spears (lip-syncing, of course), and rocks bands ‘Incubus’ and ‘The Cult’ all taking to the stage.
The musical guests didn’t end there, with crooner Eric Clapton also spotted along with pop icons Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Dannii Minogue.
Guests from the world of sport were also well represented, with footballers Sean Wright-Phillips and Ronaldo also snapped in the VIP areas.
[Original images via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020