Former Grand Prix winner Eddie Irvine is set to head to the courts early next year to face allegations of brawling and assault.
Italy’s La Repubblica reports that the Northern Irishman – whose F1 career spanned ten years with the likes of Jordan, Ferrari and Jaguar – was involved in a nightclub Milan fight in 2008 with Gabriele Moratti, the son of the city’s former mayor.
Lawyers for both parties have met in court and set a date for a hearing in January 2013 after negotiations for a settlement over the matter had collapsed.
It is believed that the argument was over a girlfriend. Forty-six-year-old Irvine claims he was punched in the head, while Moratti alleges he was glassed in the face.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020