The FIA Stewards have excluded the Peugeot 308 being run by the 778 Auto Sport team at this weekend’s World Touring Car Championship round at Macau, meaning that China Touring Car Championship driver Lo Ka Chun can take no further part in proceedings this weekend.
It was the team’s first attempt to compete in the WTCC – and the first time that a Peugeot was in the field since 2006 – but that has come to nought when officials ruled that the car failed to comply with the original specification that the car ran to in the Swedish Touring Car Championship in 2008-2009, when it was run by IPS Motorsport.
The one-car operation can take no further part this weekend, reducing the field to 25 cars for today’s practice and qualifying sessions, and Sunday’s two races.
[Image via FIA WTCC Media]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020