Scuderia Toro Rosso has announced it has secured the services of former Williams head of aerodynamics, Jon Tomlinson.
Tomlinson will work as the Faenza team’s Deputy Head of Aerodynamics, reporting to Nicolo Petrucci.
Tomlinson has worked for Williams for the last five years, and has previous stints at Jordan, followed by Renault.
Tomlinson was one of the key figures dumped by Williams during its major technical reshuffle earlier this year, which also saw the team’s Technical Director, Sam Michael, tender his resignation.
The team also recently secured the services of Italian Luca Furbatto as its chief designer.
[Image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020