A bumper field of professional drivers will be on hand to strut their stuff this weekend at Felipe Massa’s annual karting event at Florianópois, with drivers from Formula 1, IndyCars, GP2, NASCAR and touring cars all on hand to compete for honours at the sixth running of the event.
Some 20,000 fans are expected to flock to the Sapiens Arena for the event, which will also be broadcast live on Brazilian TV.
This year’s event will feature the largest ever contingent of current and former Formula 1 drivers, including the likes of Rubens Barrichello, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Jaime Alguersuari, Pastor Maldonado, Jérôme d’Ambrosio and Adrian Sutil. Former F1 drivers Gianni Morbidelli. Nelsinho Piquet, Enrique Bernoldi, Antonio Pizzonia, Ricardo Zonta, Luciano Burti, Christian Fittipaldi and Lucas di Grassi will also be competing.
Brazil’s four regular IndyCar competitors will be racing as well, with Tony Kanaan, Hélio Castroneves, Vitor Meira and Ana Beatriz (who won one of the heats last year).
[Image via Formula1.com]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020