SKY Sports has announced that BBC Radio 5 Live commentator David Croft will be Martin Brundle’s commentary box partner when the pay-TV network takes over the reins of broadcasting the sport next year.
The announcement was made by SKY today, in the wake of its confirmation hours before the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix that Martin Brundle would move from his role with the BBC to take up a commentary position with SKY.
The network has also announced that Croft’s radio commentary partner Anthony Davidson will join the TV network as well, and he will share commentating duties with Croft during all practice session, which SKY will broadcast live next year.
Also moving from the BBC F1 team to SKY are pit reporter Ted Kravitz and BBC F1 radio pit reporter Natalie Pinkham.
Former rugby presenter Simon Lazenby will host the Grand Prix weekend broadcasts, while SKY will also produce a magazine show hosted by Georgie Thompson.
Former ITV F1 host Steve Rider will also be part of the broadcast team; his role will be to front a series of interview segments with iconic figures of the sport’s past and present.
[Image via Zimbio]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020