There will be those out there who believe that Kimi Räikkönen is seriously tempting fate, after the newly-signed Lotus F1 driver escaped serious injury when he crashed his snowmobile yesterday.
The Finn came a cropper on his 75bhp snowmobile in Austria, where he was taking part in the annual Swatch Snow Mobile Race. Paramedics were called to the scene to treat a laceration to his left hand.
He also complained of wrist soreness, which will be investigated with further scans on Monday, after he was initially given the all-clear for any fractures.
Kimi’s accident comes just ten months after the team’s then-leader driver Robert Kubica was sidelined with horrific injuries after he crashed at the Ronde di Andora rally in Italy.
[Image via Sport10.at]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018