There will be those out there who believe that Kimi Räikkönen is seriously tempting fate, after the newly-signed Lotus F1 driver escaped serious injury when he crashed his snowmobile yesterday.
The Finn came a cropper on his 75bhp snowmobile in Austria, where he was taking part in the annual Swatch Snow Mobile Race. Paramedics were called to the scene to treat a laceration to his left hand.
He also complained of wrist soreness, which will be investigated with further scans on Monday, after he was initially given the all-clear for any fractures.
Kimi’s accident comes just ten months after the team’s then-leader driver Robert Kubica was sidelined with horrific injuries after he crashed at the Ronde di Andora rally in Italy.
[Image via Sport10.at]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020