Former Grand Prix and Champ Car driver Max Papis will have his first ever outing in a V8 Supercar this week, with the well-known sports car and NASCAR driver set to get behind the wheel of a Holden Racing Team Commodore at Winton Raceway and Phillip Island.
The Italian is a close friend of former series champion James Courtney, and many patient months of waiting will finally be rewarded when he gets behind the wheel a TWR Commodore at the Victorian circuits, sparking rumours that the 42-year-old could be up for consideration as one of the team’s international co-drivers at next year’s Armor All Gold Coast 600.
“He’s followed our sport for a long time, and finally his schedule has allowed for an opportunity to get a few laps in one of our cars,” said Mike Henry, HRT’s Operations Manager.
“It’s something that we’ve discussed quite a bit over the years. He’s a fantastic driver and has been keen to sample a V8 Supercar for a long time.
[Image via F1 Nostalgia]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018