Ousted Renault driver Bruno Senna has admitted that he could head to the NASCAR circuit if his hopes of extending his F1 career hit the skids.
That is the claim stemming from Italy, with Italiaracing claiming that the Brazilian could follow in the footsteps of his compatriot – and fellow Renault reject – Nelson Piquet Jr, who has competed in the American stock car championship since he was dumped from F1 in 2009.
Despite being ruled out of the Renault (set to be renamed Lotus F1) frontline racing team next year, it is still rumoured that the 28-year-old could return to the reserve driver role he held with the team before he stepped up as Nick Heidfeld’s replacement at the Belgian Grand Prix.
However, an IndyCar career is out of the question, according to the Brazilian.
“My family would not let me (race there),” he is quoted as saying, no doubt referring to the recent and tragic death of Dan Wheldon at the season-ending race in Las Vegas this year..
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020