Bruno Senna and his management team have confirmed they have been in discussions about a possible role with the Williams team for the 2012 season, with the Brazilian throwing his hat into the ring for the vacant seat alongside Pastor Maldonado.
The Brazilian was dropped from the Lotus Renault GP line-up at the end of the season, leaving him to compete with several ousted drivers for the few available seats left on the 2012 grid.
The 28-year-old is rumoured to have visited Williams’ headquarters in recent days, according to report in Brazil’s Globo. His experience with Renault engines could be an advantage in his quest for a seat, given that Williams will be returning to Renault power next season.
His late uncle, the three-time World Champion Ayrton Senna, raced for the Williams team in 1994 before his fatal accident at the San Marino Grand Prix.
[Image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019