Pat Fry’s defection from McLaren to Ferrari this year has seen the Woking squad lose yet more key technical staff to the Maranello outfit.
Fry made the switch to Ferrari as its new technical director after many years of service with McLaren.
A report in Italy’s Corriere dello Sport claims that the Briton has now managed to convince five senior McLaren figures – Rupad Darekar (senior aerodynamicist), Jonathan Heal (stress engineer), Ioannis Veloudis (CFD), Lawrence Hodge and Giacomo Tortora (aerodynamic simulation) – to join him.
There are also rumours – denied by McLaren – that its senior aerodynamics project leader, Marcin Budkowski, is also set to switch to Ferrari.
The latest news come on the back of previous defections from the team’s technical line-up. Former head of aerodynamics, John Iley, recently took up a position at Caterham F1, while Luca Furbato moved on to Toro Rosso as its chief designer, having previously worked in McLaren’s stress analysis and fabrications team.
[Original image via Zimbio]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020