Two of 2011’s biggest motorsport films, SENNA and CARS 2, have each been nominated in the upcoming Producers Guild of America Awards which will be held on January 21.
One of the film award season’s marquee events, the PGAs celebrate the best in cinema and television and are often good indicators for February’s Academy Awards.
While SENNA may have been sensationally overlooked in being shortlisted for a Best Documentary nomination in the Oscars, it recently picked up a win in the same category at the British Independent Film Awards.
SENNA – directed by Asif Kapadia, produced by Oscar-nominated James Gay-Rees and written by Manish Pandey – will compete against fellow documentaries Bill Cunningham New York, Project Nim and The Union for top honours at the PGAs.
Disney Pixar’s CARS 2 will pit itself against Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss In Boots and Rango for the best animated feature film award.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020