After twelve years as one of the world’s premier Formula 1 websites, British broadcaster ITV has announced it will close its website with immediate effect.
The website was established in 1997 when the network took over the sport’s broadcasting rights in the UK, until it eventually handed back the reins to the BBC in 2009.
Despite having no direct broadcasting affiliation with the sport, the website continued to operate for a further three years.
But the dual-broadcasting deal between the BBC and SKY has now acted as the catalyst for bowing out, according to the final article to be published on its website.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020