Kimi Räikkönen made his first visit to the Lotus F1 factory since the New Year, both to inspect the progress of next year’s car, as well as to have a seat-fitting.
The event marked the first time that the Finn has sat in an F1 cockpit since his last Grand Prix in 2009, and he spent most of the day at the team’s Enstone headquarters while the necessary amendments were made.
“It is one of the most important jobs,” he said of the process of having a seat-fitting.
“You spend so much time sitting in the car so the position is really crucial, it needs to be 100% right. I’d rather spend a lot of time getting it right at this time of the year because there are many races in the season. Getting it right the first time is imperative.”
[Image via Lotus Renault GP]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018