Former Grand Prix driver Jos Verstappen is heading towards a late inclusion in our recently published ‘Top 10 F1 Felons’ feature article, with Dutch police upgrading his recent assault charges to attempted murder.
The two-time podium finisher turned himself into police last week after his former girlfriend laid a complaint with police, alleging he had assaulted her.
It now turns out that the 39-year-old has been remanded in custody for two weeks, where he’s been hit with attempted murder charges, with allegations that he hit his 24-year-old ex with his car.
Verstappen’s lawyer, Marcel Heuvelmans, has said his client will contest the charges.
[Image via GPNow]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018