Former Grand Prix driver Jos Verstappen is heading towards a late inclusion in our recently published ‘Top 10 F1 Felons’ feature article, with Dutch police upgrading his recent assault charges to attempted murder.
The two-time podium finisher turned himself into police last week after his former girlfriend laid a complaint with police, alleging he had assaulted her.
It now turns out that the 39-year-old has been remanded in custody for two weeks, where he’s been hit with attempted murder charges, with allegations that he hit his 24-year-old ex with his car.
Verstappen’s lawyer, Marcel Heuvelmans, has said his client will contest the charges.
[Image via GPNow]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020